Jul 24, 2019
What's the difference and does one work better than the
This is Episode 18, Season Two, and it's 7/24//2019 as I record
Goal-setting vs Time Blocking
But first the personal update segment:
- Course work for Sweet Spot Strategy; contact me via email
to meet with me (virtually or locally) for a four-question
interview. Tell me what your challenges are and how you think a
coach or mentor could help you.
- No writing for the summer (summer hours)
- Thinking of online courses, some clients have asked for them
and they would generate passive income.
- Camping this weekend and at the Willamette Writers Conference
the first weekend in August. I'll be taking a master class from a
literary agent on Good Beginnings. And doing a book signing on
Saturday night at the conference. I skipped it last year, so I'm
super looking forward to it. Jeff Goins will be there, and I'm
volunteering to staff his workshop, so I'll meet him.
- I'm READING: In fiction, The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny
Colgan. Non-fiction: Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit: Learn it and
use it for life.•
- I'd like to remind everybody that this podcast is sponsored by
my supporters at Patreon. And being a patron of the arts is
a totally cool thing to do. Joining my Patreon
community also gets you sneak peeks
into my creative world. For less than a $1/month,
less than a pack of gum, you too can become a patron of the arts,
and me! Find me at Patreon.com/valerieihsan.
Resources: Jeff Goins' podcast Your Portfolio Life; Teachable
has a new podcast, interviewing successful online teachers,
Everyone is Teachable.
Main topic: Goal-setting vs Time Blocking