May 16, 2019
Valerie Ihsan explains what Pre-orders are, how they work, and whether you should do them, or not.
Hello Indie Authors!
This is Episode 11, and it's 5/15/2019 as I record this.
Today I'm talking about Pre-Orders.
But first a personal update:
• I've written another three sections to The Nitty Gritty of Self Publishing.
• I'm doing a time audit to find all the places my time hides, or places where I waste it.
• Been doing quite a bit of WW work this week to get reintroduced to the organization and help the current co-chair take a little off her plate.
• Did a lot of yard work over the weekend. Weeding and reclaiming spaces that had been covered over by ivy vines and shiny geranium. Hoping to create a pretty seating area.
• Doing some backlog work and ordered print copies of my books for events this summer.
No NEW PATRONS this week:
Thank you to all my patrons! Remind folks that all of my patrons, at any level, get a Connection Video the first Monday of every month, so if you want to connect with me in this way, join me on Patreon.
The support of my patrons on Patreon helps make this show and other projects possible. Plus, being a patron of the arts is a totally cool thing to do. Joining my Patreon community also gets you sneak peeks into my creative world, allows you to interact with me directly, and rewards you with exclusive bonus content you can't get anywhere else. For less than the cost of a tasty hot beverage or a pack of gum, as low as a $1/month, you too can become a patron of the arts, and me! Find me at Patreon.com/valerieihsan.
Mark Dawson's Self-Publishing 101 course
For education on business, I'm loving the Uncomplicate Your
Business podcast with Racheal Cook, MBA. If you do any author
related services like coaching, or your day job centers on
heart-centered services that you provide, this might be a great
resource for you.
I'm (still) reading:
I'm finishing up Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream by Craig Martelle. Almost done with Newsletter Ninja and will be starting up Wired for Joy next. Recommended by Becca Syme to me in our 1 on 1 coaching session.
I'm listening to a new podcast called The Dream recommended by Rachael Herron of The Writers Well podcast and How Do You Write? Podcast.
Main topic: Preorders