Jun 13, 2019
After an Author Life Update, Valerie talks about the steps to
take leading up to your book launch.
Hello Indie Authors!
This is Episode 15, and it's 6/12//2019 as I record this.
Today I'm talking about steps leading up to Book Launch.
But first Author Life segment:
- Finished editing another chapter in my How to Write a Novel or
- Been looking at tile and cabinet catalogs online for the new
- Got our couch! It's beautiful.
- I'm struggling with getting all the things done. I'm trying to
focus more on work times instead of deadlines for my personal work,
but my day job (the client work) really vies for space in my
schedule and it always feels like something is lacking. I'm good at
Positivity and planning for the future and looking forward to where
my hard work right now will take me, but sometimes I feel a little
scattered. Perhaps I'm just struggling with process.
- Parenting Fail: I just heard that my son is giving his senior
review presentation today at 4 (while I'm getting a
pedicure)(headsmack) In my only defense, today's presentation was
rescheduled from a previous time that I was available for.
- Author self-care: Do it. I'll have another episode solely on
this topic next season, but for now, I just want to say that the
older I get, the more I realize that self-care isn't just a luxury.
It really is mandatory for my health, well-being, and productivity.
It's no joke anymore.
- I'M READING: In fiction, White is for Witching. Don't know if I
like it yet. Non-fiction: YNAB (You Need a Budget)
- Went to an editors luncheon and had a few lovely conversations
with old colleagues, and new. Had a conversation about audiobooks.
That is definitely on the horizon for me. I'm shooting for
- In doing the homework for Sweet Spot Strategy, I stumbled upon
a cool cool idea for an author service that I'd love to shout to
the rooftops, but I won't. It's too new and underdeveloped. Just
like not sharing story ideas too soon.
- I have a couple of editing jobs I'm trying to finish up before
I go on vacation on the 22nd.
- My husband had a birthday on Monday and we celebrated it over
the weekend. "I love having birthday weekends," he says.
- No NEW PATRONS this week, but I hope you'll consider becoming a
patron and helping me reach my FIRST Patreon goal. To earn $125 in
monthly income from Patreon. When that happens...extra bonus
Q&A episode for Patrons only.
- Think of it as an inexpensive mini coaching session
Resources: Check out two blog articles on the Mailchimp changes.
Main topic: Book launching, (using slide deck)